Are you willing to install your overhead garage door yourself? Then don’t worry, as it’s not as difficult as you think.
I’ll teach you how to install an overhead garage door step by step. This is a short guide, so make sure to read it all the way through.
installing an overhead garage door!
Prepare all the tools!
This kit includes hammers, nails, power drills with screwdriver tips, and screws. The overhead parts of the door will also require a ladder to be reached.
When you have two ladders available, you can both be on one ladder at the same time.
Now, follow the steps.
- If hinges aren’t already attached, attach them to the first panel. The panel’s hinges on the left and right can be accessed with a roller. Weather stripping should be attached to the bottom edge of the first panel as supplied by the manufacturer.
- Put the weather-stripping end of the panel on the ground.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for assembling the track’s vertical, horizontal, and curved sections.
- Once the rollers on the first panel have been slid onto the track, lower the vertical track into place.
- Assist with the placement of the second panel.
- Attach the hinges to the bottom of the second panel from the first panel.
- As you place the track higher up the wall, make sure the bottom of the newly installed panel is attached (but adjustable).
- When installing additional garage door panels, you should follow the same steps.
- Plumb the vertical track and level the door.
- Tracks must be installed horizontally and curvedly.
- When connecting the tracks, follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- If a garage door opener will not be used, install the torque tube and/or spring provided.
- Now, test the door if it’s working properly or not.
For any garage door repair services, reach out to garage door repair Poquoson which provides professional services.